Caregiving places demands on people. There is no one profile of a caregiver, a caregiver's situation, or the duration of the caregiving experience. Caregiving can range from periodic phone calls and visits from distant caregivers, buying groceries or managing money, to the daily duties of personal care. Caregiving responsibilities may also be spread over several households and beyond family to friends and acquaintances.
Information, training, decision support, respite, problem solving alternatives, and social support are among the things offered as services to caregivers. In Idaho there are several programs to aid caregivers with their responsibilities and challenges.
The Area Agency on Aging holds two support groups at our main office on 935 Lincoln Road for caregivers:
- Caregiver Support Group meets on the first and third Tuesdays of the month from 12-1:30 PM in our conference room.
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Group meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month from 12-1:30pm in our Conference Room.
If you would like more information for either of these support groups contact Jodi Stanton at 208-522-5391 or email@example.com.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
You don't have to do it alone! Powerful Tools for Caregivers is an award-winning six week program that has helped thousands of family caregivers. Please call Heather at 208-522-5370 Ext. 1058 for more information or to register for the next class.
Who is eligible for these services?
- Family caregiver (18+) of an individual 60 years of age or older
- A grandparent, stepgrandparent, or relative by blood, marriage, or adoption, aged 55 years or older, who is caring for a child who is not more than 18 years of age
- A grandparent, stepgrandparent, or relative by blood, marriage, or adoption, aged 55 years or older, who is caring for an individual with a disability
- Family caregiver (18+) of any age who is caring for an individual of any age with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorder with neurological and organic brain dysfunction
For information about our Caregiver Services, click a service below: